corned beef hash breakfast sandwich
- 1¼ cup shredded cooked corned beef
- 1½ SVM Arbequina olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp SVM jalapeno powder
- 1 tsp SVM minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp SVM brown mustard seed
- 2 slices Irish Soda Bread
- 1 tablespoon room temperature butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- chopped green onion for garnish
- Place the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and saute for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the corned beef and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes until it starts to crisp on the edges. Add jalapeno powder, minced garlic, and brown mustard seeds. Cook for another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place each slice of swiss cheese onto the non-buttered side of each piece of bread and place in the skillet, buttered side down. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
- Remove the bread from the skillet, place half of the corned beef mixture on top of each slice of bread.
- Poach (or fry) the eggs and place on top of each sandwich.
- Garnish with green onion and serve warm.