Ginger curry peach crisp
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp SVM cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp SVM Caribbean Curry
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (3/4 stick), cut into small pieces
- Heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl. With your fingertips, blend the butter pieces into the dry ingredients until large clumps form and the flour and butter are completely incorporated, about 3 minutes. Crumble the clumps into small pieces the size of kidney beans, then refrigerate the streusel while you make the filling for the pie.
- Place the brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, ginger and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the peaches and balsamic stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved topping evenly over the peaches.
- Bake until the topping is browned and crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp SVM ground ginger
- 2 tbsp SVM Peach or Pineapple aged balsamic
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- 2 pounds ripe but firm peaches (about 5 medium peaches), halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices